Wednesday, February 3, 2010

not a sentence


Thanks to two wonderful friends - one who's gone before on this road less traveled, and one who will always know me better than I know myself - my manic first day in San Francisco of quasi-optimistic ups and very fatalistic downs has come to a close with these thoughts:

This crippling fear I am feeling is part of what I signed up for, but it will pass and give way to excitement. The uncertain and uncomfortable position in which I find myself is not a self-imposed sentence, but rather an opportunity for self-discovery through genuine struggle. At the beginning of all of this - as hard as it sometimes is to remember that time - I wanted (needed) to see who I was with structure and safety and status quo stripped away, and that was what set all of this in motion.

And here I am. I am in San Francisco, with no idea of what tomorrow will bring.

Someday in the near future, with a lot of repetition of the paragraph above, I'll be able to follow that up with: "And that is awesome."

1 comment:

  1. i hear you're living in the castro. that's pretty gay.

    ReplyDelete