Wednesday, February 3, 2010

life in a suitcase


I don't know what I expected yesterday to be like, but I was definitely caught off-guard. Throughout this process, I have been saying that my feelings about leaving were a mixture of excitement, fear, and sadness. Yesterday, it was only fear.

I am terrified. Scared absolutely shitless.

People have been telling me that they think what I am doing takes a lot of balls, or that they admire my courage for doing this.

But is it courage? Or is it just foolishness?


When will I know if I've made a terrible, terrible mistake?

1 comment:

  1. I know you're going to be just great out there on the west coast! And I definitely think it's courage... I cried for four hours riding in the back seat of a pick up truck when I left my safe haven and dropped out of college to go on my journey. I can now look back on those tears and that anxiety as the start to the best decision I've made yet. It's not a terrible, terrible mistake. You're going to have a wonderful year; I just know it! Muah!

    ReplyDelete