Tuesday, January 12, 2010

my life on the c-list


I skipped out of lab today to spend a good 6 hours on Craigslist, my new least favorite pastime. Between posting ads for my own room sublets, responding to those ad responses, scheduling potential subletter visits with my roommates, looking up sublets in SF, responding to sublet ads in SF, looking up job listings in SF, responding to job postings on SF...I'm just about all set with Sr. Craig and his godforsaken lists.

It seems like subletting my rooms here is going to be the easiest of the three main tasks: 1) sublet my rooms in Boston, 2) find a sublet in SF, 3) find a job in SF. We've gotten a lot of responses to the ad I posted, so Austin and Becca will have their pick of roommates it seems. It's exceedingly important to me that whoever moves in here is someone with whom my current roommates are comfortable, so it's good that there will be options.

I don't take for granted for a second what we have here at the Cogs, and I will miss my roommates dearly.

I also know that it will be easier for me to find a job and sublet once I'm actually in the bay area to meet potential employers and roommates - but that somehow is a very small comfort at the time being. I'm wondering if it's even worth these day-long efforts to secure a job and living situation before I get there, if the likelihood of success is so seemingly low.

But, I press on. More ads to search through as I type...

No comments:

Post a Comment